Our Code of Conduct
The staff are looking forward to providing all our campers with a fun, memorable, and safe summer camp experience. Each camper has a responsibility to act in a way that assures a positive experience for all. All campers are required to follow these guidelines.
- Campers shall be responsible for their words and actions.
- Campers shall be respectful of others.
- Campers shall follow directions from staff members at all times.
- Campers shall leave all electronic devices at home such as iPods, handheld computer games, MP3 players. Cell phones will be collected by staff during the arrival procedure. These will be made available to campers at designated times in the evenings to allow campers to call home as required.
- Campers shall not venture off with other campers in the evenings or during the daytime without notifying a staff member.
- Male campers are forbidden to enter the female campers camp house
- Female campers are forbidden to enter the male campers camp house.
- Possession or use of drugs, alcohol, and/or tobacco while attending camp is prohibited, and will result in immediate dismissal.
- Foul or disrespectful language towards staff or fellow campers.
- Failure to adhere to staff’s direction/behaviour guidelines and rules.
- Misuse of cellphones, iPad etc. (This includes using these devices outside of the allotted device handling time sectioned off during the day).
- Reckless behaviour that could result in physical/emotional harm to themselves, fellow campers or staff.
- Misuse of NAC property that could result in broken equipment/facilities
Steps taken for failure to follow these behaviour guidelines
- Staff will redirect the camper to more appropriate behaviour.
- The camper will be reminded of the behaviour guidelines.
If the behaviour persists, staff will discuss the problem with a parent/guardian.
- The staff will document the situation. The written documents will include what the behaviour problem is, what provoked the problem, and the corrective action is taken.
- If the problem persists to the point where a second phone call becomes necessary, the Camp Director may find it necessary to have the camper picked up early from camp.
- If a camper’s behaviour at any time threatens the immediate safety of him/her, other campers, or staff, the parent/guardian will be notified and expected to pick up the child immediately.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in the removal from the program and/or additional fees. There will be no refunds given for campers who are removed from the program due to violations of the Code of Conduct
GETTING BACK TO BASICS
Do you need more information? Or would you like to speak with the director before signing up? Please call 905-386-6203 and ask to speak with Alanna Wielink